Ho ho ho, Merrrrry #Chucklemums! Too soon? Sorry, can’t help it. Hashtag child. Fellow hosts this week are Beta Mummy and Mouse Moo & Me Too. Fran is far too good for the likes of us now, her glory at winning Best Comic Writer at the Mumsnet Awards has totally gone to her head I’m afraid (Ok, Ok, I’m just jealous, actually her computer exploded. I expect she spilt wine on it, the hussy)
Anyway! Welcome to week 29 my chuckling friends, you’re back again for laugh of the week – for us it could only be Thatcham’s Premier Songmeister with his brilliant Smells Like Teen Spirit parody Smells Like Boy’s Bedrooms – Nirvana will never sound the same again. Well done Tiiim, you can collect your pants here.
You join the legions of previous winners here, so if anyone has got a spare ten hours then do mooch over and have a read through as well.
We are aiming to be the best linky hosts in town, and we are spreading ourselves all over social media:
Facebook… We now have a Facebook page where we’ll share the winning posts each week as well as various witterings. So you’d better like the page, innit.
Pinterest… We’ve (literally) just started a #Chucklemums board where we’ll be sure to* pin your posts each week, because we’re good hosts like that.
*We’ll try to remember.
Instagram… We’re also opening up a spanking new Instagram tag and hosting a monthly collection of funny photos, designed to make us laff. If they tie in with your linked post, all the better. So, from the 1st of each month, just use the #Chucklemums hashtag and tag our usernames, and we’ll choose our favourite at the end of the month. The winner will get a supersexy Instapants badge, wooo!
Sigh, and now the rules, to stop you all going rogue:
- You’re welcome to link up to two posts each week. No advertising, paid reviews or sponsored posts please.
- Posts don’t have to be brand new but they must be yours and they must be vaguely funny. Obvs humour comes in all shapes and sizes but we can’t do tearjerkers at this party. If you think that your post is funny, chances are at least one of us will!
- Please add your blog or Twitter handle before the title of your post when you link up.
- We open our proverbial doors at 7am Tuesday and call last orders just before 10pm, so you have plenty of time to link up. We try to have all commenting complete by Friday, and announce the winner of the coveted #PantsAward over the weekend.
- We’ll rotate the hosting so that three of us are on duty each week. This means that you’ll always get at least two hosts commenting on your linked post, and sometimes even all three if we’re in good moods.
- We’d be grateful if you could comment on each of the host posts, if you have time. Then the world is your oyster – just choose any other linked post that you fancy and leave them a meaningful comment. Things like “Great post!” are a bit wishy washy. SHOUTY CAPS BIT – PLEEEEASE COMMENT ON ANOTHER POST PLEEEEASE. Some of you were looking awfully neglected last week, we’re sorry!
- If you like a post, feel free to share it on your social media, it’s awfully kind.
- Make sure your Twitter handle appears on your sharing link!
- Once you’ve added your link, tweet @whingewine, @themumzilla, @beta_mummy and @mousemoo_metoo with the hashtag #chucklemums, linking your post for a retweet.
Let’s slap a badge on it and get you linked…
Please copy the code below to display our beaut of a badge on your post.
Sorry it’s so massive, I don’t know why and I CBA to find out and change it *lazy Mum shrug*
Here’s your link up my loves, enjoy!