This is such an easy – and tasty – dinner. It’s actually the first time I’ve made a slow cooker curry, and I was very pleased with how it turned out. I will make this again, but I might use chicken thighs instead of breasts – I do prefer thighs (not code). Anyway, who’s up for some easy Slow Cooker Butter Chicken?
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 0.5 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp sugar (I used Erythritol – makes it a Keto friendly curry. Affiliate link )
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp of tomato puree
- 100ml plain yoghurt
- 250ml coconut milk
- Cut up the chicken into chunks and flash fry it – don’t cook it too much though or it will toughen up later
- Put the chicken in the slow cooker and chop the onion finely
- Fry the onion until it’s translucent and then add the garlic, crushed, for a minute before adding it to the chicken
- Mix all the dry spices in a bowl
- Mix the tomato puree into the spices to form a paste
- Mix the yoghurt and then the coconut milk into the mix before pouring it over the chicken in the slow cooker
- Mix well and cook on low for five hours, then enjoy!
Some thoughts on this: it’s super mild, but if you fancy a bigger kick you can up the curry powder to a medium. It also needed a good whack of seasoning as it’s so creamy. You could probably marinate the chicken in a Tikka spice mix as well for some extra yummy zing.