This was beyond delicious if I do say so myself.
I started off making the boys my easy chicken and chorizo paella, but I’m trying a low carb/keto diet so the rice was out of the question for me. Being clever I decided to start off their paella (see the recipe!) and cut up and extra pepper in my skillet while it was cooking. So the original meal was a bit of a mishmash, but this will be the recipe for cooking it again – you don’t necessarily need a skillet as you could bake it in any oven dish but I do love mine (affiliate link) and it wasn’t expensive.
- 2 chicken thighs, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- half a chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp of cream cheese
- handful grated mozzarella
- handful grated cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 180
- Fry the chicken, onion, chorizo and garlic with the smoked paprika for 5 minutes
- Add the pepper for another 5 minutes
- Add the tomatoes and simmer until thickened
- Stir in the cream cheese and top with the mozzarella and cheddar then bake until bubbly and golden.