It doesn’t sound very appetising does it, making something called Fathead Pizza. I mean, we all know too much pizza gives you a fat everything, let alone a Fathead. Only this is a Keto Diet recipe – fat is friend, not bottom-expanding enemy. Hurrah!
I’ll probably write more about the ketogenic diet as some point as I’m planning on sharing more recipes, but for now I’ll just get on with this really easy pizza dough recipe.
INGREDIENTS for fathead pizza dough:
- 170g of grated mozzarella (the bagged stuff, not fresh)
- 65g almond flour
- 2 tbsp Philadelphia (I’m sure other cream cheese is fine too, but Philly is the best surely?!)
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 170 degrees (325/gas 3)
- Mix the mozzarella and the almond flour in a microwave safe bowl and add the cream cheese
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds
- Mix up all the cheese and flour together then heat for another 30 seconds
- Mix again, then add the egg and fold it into the dough (I used a fork)
- Splat it on parchment on a baking tray and spread it out with the fork to desired size and prick it all over.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes – it will be golden when it comes out
- Top as you wish (I used a couple of spoonfuls of chopped tomatoes cooked down, cheddar, yellow peppers and quartered cherry tomatoes)
- Bake for another 12 minutes or until cheese is cooked to your liking. The crust will be brown – this is fine! It’s delicious and not overdone if it’s brown, promise…
This is such a tasty, wheat and gluten free pizza base. It’s really filling as well, so a couple of slices with a salad is fab for lunch.
If you liked this recipe you can stick a pin in it!