Yep, more Keto! I’m enjoying being on a Keto diet thus far, but I am missing sweet things (FYI Keto avoids sugars and grains and all things ultra-carb) so I’ve been mucking around with alternative flours and sugar substitutes that are keto friendly.
This recipe uses almond flour (like my Keto Fathead pizza dough) and not a great deal else to be honest. Lovely easy recipe! I used plain chocolate in this, which is 3g of carbs per square and I used four chopped up, so the whole batch were you being really greedy would still only come in at around 15g if you factored in the cocoa too (sorry any non Keto people reading that)
- 85g almond flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Erythritol (this is a sugar substitute and the best one I’ve tried. Stevia is grim. Also this is an affiliate link)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsps unsweetened cocoa
- 4 squares plain chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 170/gas 3/325 and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Mix up all the ingredients – it will look soggier than usual cookie dough but never fear
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out the mix and plop it onto your baking tray – this made about 12 cookies.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes – the tops should be soft still when they come out. Squash them with a spatula (or burny ouch fingers like I did) to get more of a cookie shape.
- Let cool on the tray – they are squidgy and need to harden up a bit!
These are yummy, and just sweet enough to satisfy that sweet tooth. Yum!