I’ve made brownies before for the blog (one of my first recipes I think!) but this week we tried to make wheat free ones using the Dove Farm Freee (yes three e’s!) flour. They didn’t turn out too badly as it goes – a bit flat, but that was probably more due to me not having the right size baking tray than a lack of oomph in the batter.
As they were entirely edible I thought I would share the recipe!
- 150g plain chocolate
- 100g butter
- 200g sugar
- 100g FREEE Plain White Flour
- 1 tsp FREEE Baking Powder
- 3 eggs
- Line a 15x20cm/6×8″ baking dish with parchment paper and pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Melt together the chocolate and butter over a bowl of hot water (or in the microwave in short bursts if you lazy like moi)
- Mix the sugar, flour and baking powder in a big bowl
- Beat the eggs into the dry ingredients – use an electric whisk if you have one!
- Stir in the melted chocolate and butter.
- Pour into your dish and smooth over
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 22-25 minutes – if you do the skewer test then a few bits still stuck on is actually a good thing – brownies should be gooey. Mine weren’t because our oven appears to be a make favoured in Hades.
- Cool, cut, scoff.
If you like this wheat free chocolate brownies recipe why not stick a pin in it?