Dear Diary. Blog. Diarog. Bliary?
I think I have survived the first day of our first Summer Holidays. Or should that be Hellidays?
I’m so knackered, so I think I shall just leave you with a list of what I did today:
- Get up at 6
- Sit in traffic for an hour on way to driving test
- Begin test
- Fail test 3 minutes in (bloody roundabouts)
- Get home and get tantrummed at for 10 minutes on sweet refusal
- Start sorting out toys
- Stare incredulously at amount of miscellaneous pirate playmobil crap
- Start making a lego spaceship model
- Persuade boy to try and wash garden windows while I watch 20 minutes of teen Vampire drama. Brooooding.
- Get moaned at for not going out. Waiting for parcel cannot leave house.
- Drag bag of compost over garden
- Put compost in pot
- Answer door, is parcels but not the much anticipated Cook4Me. Live in hope of additional parcel delivery
- In absence, boy has incorrectly planted carrot seeds in compost. Make mental note to buy carrots with greens on end to “plant” at some point.
- Decide to make scones
- Eat too much raw scone mix (me)
- Cook scones.
- Wonder where 6 scones have gone. Stare at boy suspiciously.
- Sort more toys out
- Boy appears in dinosaur, scares crap out of me.
- Give up on parcel, go out to post office then on to Park
- Actually get to finish my goddamn magazine
- Leave park and spend hour looking in every garden on the way home
- Come home. Hoover. Find several half eaten scones. Eat them myself. Sigh.
- Boy forces me to stare at compost, is convinced carrots are already growing.
- Make boy salad. Boy actually eats salad.
- Daddy home! Boys bounce on trampoline. I order takeaway. Boy demands take away.
- Food arrives and is consumed in human-hoover style.
- Watch Harry Potter. Boy still not in bed. *Eyeballs Daddy*
- Boy finally upstairs. Collapse on sofa.
- Get up again to put sodding hoover away.
- Put teen Vampire drama back on. Broooooding hashtag sexy hashtag am loser.
If I’m really honest, I’ve actually had a nice day. I am quite ear sore though. My boy can moan A LOT.